Michael Baugh

Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message
om...
Don't be afraid to open your mind to other conditions that your own house.

I'm an inspector. I see conditions, and corrections, in
hundreds of houses. It is quite impressive how ingenious
some of the fixes have been. Including one where the
person removed his tank, sprayed "Great Stuff" foam
on it, shaved off portions that interfered with putting
it back into place, extended the flush handle, and got
his wife to make a cover for it, including the lid. End
result was quite pretty. He had even made a different
attachment for the toilet seat lid so that it could be raised
and would stay in place. I felt that what he had done had
considerable elegance, and told him so.

However, his wife was routinely needing to deal with mold
growth in the bathroom. After he realized that the conditions
were related, he devoted his artistry to the overall problem of
moisture accumulation. Nowadays, he sees the insulated
commode tank as a monument to seeing a problem instead
of looking at the bigger picture.