Stormin Mormon

Yes. Annual. Remove and clean burners. Inspect heat exchanger. Oil blower
motor. Clear drain line if it has one. Look for visibly bad parts. Run a
couple cycles of heating up and blowing heat. See if limit switches and such
are working.

Spring time maint is a good idea if the unit has AC.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

As a new homeowner, I was wondering whether annual (or other interval)
maintenance is needed on the furnace (other than regular
changing/cleaning of the filter) ? I called the company whose name
was on the heater tag for the unit in the house I live in (it's about
4 years old) and they told me they normally do a yearly or
semi-annually cleaning for customers.

My question is - Is this necessary? And if so, what do they really do
and what is the frequency that I should have it done.

Thanks very much for any info!