willshak

Dave wrote:

Hello,

As a new homeowner, I was wondering whether annual (or other interval)
maintenance is needed on the furnace (other than regular
changing/cleaning of the filter) ? I called the company whose name
was on the heater tag for the unit in the house I live in (it's about
4 years old) and they told me they normally do a yearly or
semi-annually cleaning for customers.

My question is - Is this necessary? And if so, what do they really do
and what is the frequency that I should have it done.

Thanks very much for any info!

An annual inspection and cleaning will help maintain your system. If you
have it done before the heating season, you may prevent having an
emergency call during a snow storm or on Christmas day.