I-zheet M'drurz

orangetrader wrote:

May be I should make my own cables then.

I am getting bad reception on some channels, but each TV varies.
One channel that is bad on TV set 1 is good on set 2.

If it's not a major pain in the butt, do some swapping. Try
swapping the cable(s) from one location with the other, see if
the problems stay with the location or move with the cables.
If it's REALLY not a pain in the butt, try swapping TV's, or
at least the most portable of the two. This could be in the
"fixed" wiring by the cable co, or just in the TVs themselves.

Also,
with the number of devices at each TV set (I got the cable from
the wall going to VCR, from VCR to TV), So I need to do some
investigation. I do have a lot of those "push-in" cables may be
I need to replace them and see.

The problem is I am usually pretty handy but I have a hard time
making those connectors. I tried every screwed on types and
none of them work (or should I say I tried and practiced and was
not happy with any I made). I have a heavy duty criming tool
from Radio Shack, I just don't like the connection I make, looks
like ****. Some of those I made got "beard"hanging out!

While the beard might look like hell, it is not a problem in an
electrical sense. Biggest thing you want to watch out for is
that no "wild hairs" from the outer shield make their way past
the dialectric and touch the center conductor, and make sure
you're not damaging the center stinger when you strip it. Don't
leave more than 1/4 of an inch sticking out past the edge of the
connctor, actually about 1/8 is all you need. Sometimes it will
be what you are connecting to that is the problem, maybe invest
in a can of contact cleaner and spray those female f connectors
on the VCRs, TV's, wall cable outlets. Just thinking out loud
here, trying to give you oter possible solutions.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.