Bill

Some "store bought" short cables are terrible so far as shielding is
concerned. They may not be marked. I cut some of these open and the
shielding was just a few wires with 2mm gaps (plenty of room for outside
frequencies/TV stations to invade the cable). A good quality cable (RG-6)
will have a 100% metal wrap and a fine wire mesh (inside). It will say
RG-6.

Get *all* your cables from your cable TV provider - every inch. You may be
able to stop by their office and get a few cables for free.

Or you can get a hex crimping tool, RG-6 cable, and RG-6 crimp connectors,
then make your own cables.

More...
http://www.smarthome.com/8527.html

"orangetrader" wrote in message
How do you tell if a cable is RG-59, RG-59U or RG-6?

If there an harm if these cables are used together? In other words, if

the
able from the outside to the outlet is RG-6 and from the outlet to the

VCR
is RG-6 and from VCR to TV is RG-59U, will this cause problems? Is RG-6

the
best? I am not sure what the difference is, but I am getting bad images

on
some channels, and wonder if I would be using different cables and if

this
can cause problems?

Thanks in advance,