pray4surf

"I & H" wrote in message
ink.net...
: I'm painting some wood storage cubes for my sons' bedroom. I'd like to use
: some of the extra wall paint so I don't have to buy more. We used Ben
Moore
: washable flat latex on the walls, but I'd like to have a bit more gloss on
: the cubes. Can I put a few coats of clear polyurethane over the paint when
: I'm done to give it the gloss, or do I have to go out and buy gloss paint
in
: the same color (something I'd like to avoid). If I can, should I use water
: or oil-based polyurethane?
: Thanks.
: -Holly
:

I've done so successfully on many occasions... I always use water-based
(latex) paints and 'Minwax water-based polycrylic'.

A couple caveats - The clear coat 'will' alter the original color slightly
(darken) and you'll pay more for the clearcoat than you would for the same
amount of paint in a gloss...

YMMV

Rick