Bob H

Malc wrote:
Grunff wrote in message ...

Malc wrote:

If I could tap into this thread for a while. Is is possible to replace
the double glazed unit in uPVC windows. Ours are beginning to show
signs of internal condensation and I'm not sure how to a) remove the
unit from the frame and b) if replacement units are available

Yes, it is (or should be) fairly straighforward. You remove the beads,
measure up, get a replacement unit made, put it in, replace beads.

Thanks. Last really dumb qusetion, by bead you mean the rubber strip
around the glass yes?

No, not just the rubber strip (glazing gasket) but the bead itself as
well. You might be able to just prise one end of the black 'rubber' out
enough to pull it all out, then the beads will more or less fall out.

--
Bob H
Leeds UK