Grunff

Simon Langford wrote:
I was looking at an Aga to heat our large high-ceilinged kitchen, but
for various reasons we've eliminated that option and are now looking
at wood burners.

The one we like is the Morso O8 (see
http://www.morsostoves.co.uk/Valor/V...B?OpenDocument).
This is a steel stove, but we like the design better than all the
cast iron stoves we've looked at.

So what difference does steel vs. cast iron actually make? My guess
is that an iron stove would stay hot longer after the fire has
subsided. Would it also take longer to get hot once the fire is lit?
Presumably so, since you can't get something for nothing.

This particular make (Morso) seem quite expensive. Other steel stoves
seem to go for around £600 where this is more like £1000. Does anyone
have a steel Morso stove and are they worth the extra outlay?

Can't answer your question, but we've just installed a Morso Squirrel,
and I have to say I'm *extremely* happy with it. The build quality is
superb. The output is huge for such a small stove.

--
Grunff