Sparky

"Sparky" wrote in message

Hello, Hello.

My wife tells me that she had a call today (Thursday) from a Sharp

Customer
Services guy who really sounded as though he wants to help, which is poles
apart from their initial stance first time around.

Maybe they do have something to hide regarding the reliability of these

LCD
displays?

A phone call later today should reveal all.

Whoooohooooo. Result!

*This* Customer Services guy actually wanted to help, and actually agreed
with me that the LCDs packing up like that was unacceptable. Seems that
there was a batch of LCDs from China some time back which turned out to have
a high failure rate. At least this guy was honest enough to put his hand up
to the problem, which is all most of us ever want, to be treated fairly.

Whether this affected more than one model of microwave though, I couldn't
say.

Anyway, they've offered me another free repair, so lets hope I don't get a
chinese one :-)