Al Bundy

wrote in message . ..
I have an elm tree out front of my place

It has one really low branch that is head height and a nuisance.

I saw it off but the dang thing just grows back even harder?

How can i cut this off and keep it from growing bacK?

Any chemical i can put on the "nub" after sawing it off to achieve
that?

I suppose that you tried just painting it.
It's hard for us to picture what is going on with the tree. a branch
usually doesn't grow back from the exact spot. I would make sure that
you are cutting the branch back further, even to the trunk if it's not
too big. Remember, trees try to seek the light. When you create an
open area of light the tree will go there. I like to trim branches at
the trunk to a level as high as I can reach without a ladder so people
can walk below.