Ian Dodd

Wayne Whitney wrote in message ...
Hello,

I'm looking for a "budget" jointer, I was wondering if anyone has any
current recommendations. So far I'm considering:

$130 Delta JT-160 6" x 30" benchtop jointer from Lowe's
$220 Harbor Freight 31849 7" x 47.5" floor jointer

Is a benchtop jointer really serviceable? Will the Harbor Freight
jointer have flat tables?

Thanks,
Wayne

I, too, was looking for a jointer without spending a wad of cash.
Just yesterday, while cruising my local classifieds (online), I found
a Ridgid JPO610 (well reviewed in FWW) for $250. Fortunately, SWMBO
hadn't yet ordered the iPod she promised for my birthday last week.
I'm picking it up this weekend. With a little looking, there are good
values on the used market.

Ian