Rein

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:25:42 -0700, Rein
wrote:

I have a garage door that is about 6 years old. Attached to a genie
opener and it's been working pretty good (2car). Last couple of months
it has been as if it is binding/sticking somewhere 1/3 of the way
down. Sometimes the opener thinks something is blocking it and
reverses the door to open it again. I press the remote again and it
then closes but I do see it has a problem about 1/3 of the way down
(like something is blocking, then releases it at a certain point). I
disconnected the opener from the door and manually moved the door up
and down to see where it is sticking/rubbing/binding/?? For the life
of me I can't seem to find WHERE it is sticking on or rubbing on. All
the hinges seem fine, I lubes them to make sure. so far no luck. It's
driving me crazy, It seems like it such a small little thing that is
blocking it but I can't find where. Any tips to check ?

okay, more clarification, it only does it when going down. it also
binds when disconnected from the opener.
I did notice that on the reels that the metal wire goes over, on left
wheel the wire is not in the little guide that guides the wire on the
beginning of the reel but it is on the right side wheel. theoretically
this could cause it to close uneven and somehow bind. would this
little difference be enough to cause that ???