If the track seems clear, just adjust the sensitivity on the motor housing!
-B

"Rein" wrote in message
I have a garage door that is about 6 years old. Attached to a genie
opener and it's been working pretty good (2car). Last couple of months
it has been as if it is binding/sticking somewhere 1/3 of the way
down. Sometimes the opener thinks something is blocking it and
reverses the door to open it again. I press the remote again and it
then closes but I do see it has a problem about 1/3 of the way down
(like something is blocking, then releases it at a certain point). I
disconnected the opener from the door and manually moved the door up
and down to see where it is sticking/rubbing/binding/?? For the life
of me I can't seem to find WHERE it is sticking on or rubbing on. All
the hinges seem fine, I lubes them to make sure. so far no luck. It's
driving me crazy, It seems like it such a small little thing that is
blocking it but I can't find where. Any tips to check ?