EricP

On 31 Aug 2004 13:45:37 -0700, (Peter Szmulik)
wrote:

Hi

I have a bit of a problem with my 4 year old Electrolux EW 1276F
washing machine.

The normal wash cycle works fine, however any spin-dry program will
fail because of heavy vibrations when it spins up - enough to move the
machine around on the floor. I have tried with several different loads
and wash programs with the same result. Never had any other problems
with this unit. I would guess that the drum is somehow poorly balanced
- or there is a mechanical failure. There are no obvious damage to the
drum and it appears clean on the inside. Dirt buildup on the outside?

Any clue?

Best Regards & Thanks!
Peter

Don't they have a knock sensor that keeps the drum turning until the
load is distributed enough to spin?

If so, is it busted?