Bill Rogers

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:21:13 -0400, "Ollie"
wrote:

I am in process of making a series of wedged tenon joints and for that
purpose I need to have quite a many small wedges. First tried to do that
with my table saw were quite dangerous.

How small? How dangerous?

I make toaster tongs as on of the gifts for friends and family. The
bit of wood holding the side arms is about 1/2" long, and angled at 2
degrees per side. To do that, I cut across the grain ofa fairly wide
piece to the 1/2" depth. Then I set the miter [with extension]at the
required 2 deg angle, and feed into the saw, turn over for the next
cut, turn over for the next .... letting the pieces fall away. The
secret is that I leave a good size piece as scrap, and don't try to
cut ALL of the pieces from that original. You should be able to do
something similar.

Bill.