MikeG

In article dhnXc.44794$UTP.28698
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...
Hello there,

I am planning to make a dresser/baby change table from 3/4 inch plywood
(top, sides and shelves). I am planning to make a number of 1/4 inch dados
in the sides of the dresser and then slide and glue (or permanently fix with
screwes) the shelves in the dados.
Here's the question: should I make the dados a bit deeper to account for
plywood expansion from absorbing the moisture from the air? How do I know
how much it will expand/contract?
Thanks!
Vlad

Even if wood movement with ply was a factor, which it isn't, I'm not
exactly sure, since all the shelves are inserted into and glue and/or
screwed in and down, just how making the dado's deeper will do anything.

Bottom line, no you don't.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods