Andy Hall

Default Vaillant Aquaplus storage combi boiler

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:56:22 +0000, Ben Mack
wrote:

In article , Ben Mack
writes
The gas is 22mm piping - am I right in thinking that if it's not quite
up to the job, the boiler will still run OK, just not reach its full
37kW DHW output?

Doh! Just discovered it's a 15mm feed - I assume that'll need replacing

The regulations around gas installations require that their should be
no more than 1mB pressure drop between the meter and the appliance
when under load. So it's not a case of whether the boiler would
underperform - it would fail a test - or rather the installation
would.

If the pipe run were *very* short it might be OK, but it's doubtful.

There is a way to calculate if you look at

http://www.cda.org.uk/megab2/build/pub124/default.htm

Section 4.3

One other question - is it worth putting some kind of anti-scale device
in line with the DHW feed?

As long as it is a phosphor dosing type or an ion exchange softener.

Cheers

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl