Rich Greenberg

In article ,
Duffy Tweedy wrote:
I've seen some mixed messages, even from labs and government sites,
about whether "normal" CFL bulbs can be used safely in 3-way lamps.
Some say flatly Yes, others No. But I haven't seen much about this in
general. Can someone point me to a definitive site, or answer this
one? The reason I'd like to be able to use regular CFLs is, of
course, lower cost. But unless I can determine finally that it is
safe to do so, obviously I'll have to assume otherwise and not use
them. Thanks.

Should work fine except the switch will work "funny", the same funny as
if you put a standard bulb in a 3 way lamp.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67