Matthew Durkin

Default Removing chimney breast...

Hi All,
I'm willing to accept that my DIY skills are not up to removing a chimney
breast - however I would like ot have one removed.
The chimney has already been removed from downstairs, and I'd now like the
bit upstairs removing also (small room, will make big space difference).
It's about a foot deep and perhaps 3 feet wide. We live in a red brick
terrace and this is on a wall adjoining the neighbours.
Could someone let me know what will be involved and how big a job it is? How
much would I expect to pay for the chimney to be removed? Are there any
complications - i.e.could it be connected to next door in any way?

Thanks,
Matthew