youngguns76

Default Magic Chef Gas Range model:6498VTV

Hello,

We have an older Magic Chef Gas Range model:6498VTV that has the F1
code (again) sigh.

I have read previous post to disconnect the ribbon cable to see if the
fault is the Touch Pad or the ERC (controller) I believe.

My problem is how do you disconnect the touch pad.

I have been looking all over the net for some schematics on doing this
but could not find any. I have some drawings from:

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrame...en/Hood&Mark=3

and I found some other parts with pictures on this site:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0080.asp

Please, help with any assitance. We have paid through the nose before
to have a Maytag Technician repair the unit once costing about $500CDN
and now the same problem again. Of course Maytag won't replace it for
free, they say we have to reaplace the unit again. Which means
another $500 for (parts and labour) What a scam.

I don't want to pay another Technician to come and determine its the
controller again if I can do it myself.

Thanks.