Tim Jenkins

Default How to wire in oven and hob - advice please

"DeeBee" wrote in message

My idea was 10mm T&E cable from the CU to the DP isolator then 6mm T&E to
two cooker outlet plates then to the appliances. The CU currently has a

32A
MCB on the cooker radial circuit, but I could change this to a 45A MCB.
However my concern is that the overall fuse is 45A, but the individual
appliances should really be 30A. Can you get fused cooker outlet plates or
something similar, or must I go for two completely separate circuits from
the CU with 32A MCBs.

I think you'd struggle to get a single 10mm2 and 2 x 6mm2 into the isolator.

When I did mine a few years ago, I ran 6mm2 to the Isolator and then 2 x
4mm2 to the Hob/Oven - and its been absolutely fine.

Tim.