Smudger

Default Wiring in a whirlpool bath

"G&M" wrote in message

"Owain" wrote in message
If this is an electric shower then you must not use the shower circuit

supply any other apparatus.

The OP was talking about a whirpool bath but the principle is the same.

We
have the macerator on the same circuit as the bath, both wired to a big

wide
switch on the wall outside to kill all electrics in the bathroom apart

from
the lights. Are you saying this is incorrect ?

The point I was making is that instantaneous electric showers pull a lot of
current. The cable which has been installed to power an electric shower
(and the fuse/MCB prtotecting it will most certainly not be big enough to
cope with the shower and the spa at the same time. Therefore to do it would
not be wise.

There is no reason in principle why you can't have a big red switch to kill
all power in the bathroom except the lights, providing the circuit has been
designed and installed in accrodance with the Wiring Regs, but I can't
imagine a scenario where you would include an instantaneous electric shower
in such a design, because you would necessarily be into industrial
switchgear to do it properly.

HTH

Smudger