John Orrett

Default Wiring in a whirlpool bath

Owain wrote:
"John Orrett" wrote
2. Should that read 32A or 16A fuse?

I think the "31A" was a typo for 13A or 16A

Sorry, Owain, my mistake!

3. Should "dual pole circuit breaker" be "dual pole isolating
switch" by any chance?

Don't know - I copied that verbatim. As previously mentioned, it turns out
that the text originated from a Dutch web page.

In some European countries MCBs are double-pole. A DP switch would
certainly be required in the UK, even though / because our MCBs are
SP.

As we are re-tiling and fitting a new shower as well
as the bathroom suite, we may be able to cable down the
existing channel from the shower.

If this is an electric shower then you must not use the shower
circuit to supply any other apparatus. Also, you should be aware when
running cables that they must run in permitted zones (up, down,
across from visible accessory) or must be mechanically protected.

Owain

Many thanks for the excellent advice Owain,
Regards
John