S R

Default water softener hookup

Thanks for the reply. I will check into where our sump pump is drained.

My friend's basement is bone dry. I was told their sump pump has not run in
the three years they have been there. So even if we could have run the
softener discharge to the sump pump, then we would have to finish hooking up
the sump pump.

Stephen R.

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." 73115 dot 1041 at compuserve dot com wrote in
message ...
"S R" no email @ no spam.com wrote:

Also, his sump pump is not hooked up yet. That would be the natural

place to run to.

Be careful - sump pumps tend to drain out to a yard as most communities do

not
allow them to be tied into the sanitary sewer system. Discharge water from

softener is salty and will kill vegetation.