John

Default How to Fill a Crack in Ceramic Tile?

We just recently bought a house here in Florida with ceramic tile
floors in parts of the house. There are a few "hairline" cracks across
perhaps 6 or 7 of the tiles, several of which are fairly noticeable
because they are in an area near the kitchen that we walk over every
day. Unfortunately, the tiles are not "through-body color porcelain
tiles," so chips and cracks are more obvious because of the color
difference.

It seems to me that there ought to be some sort of "filler" that could
be used to fill a crack ... perhaps glue-based that could be colored
to match the color of the tile. It would need to be extremely liquid,
so that it would flow into even a hairline crack. Ideally, once cured,
the filler would be somewhat pliable so that it could stretch slightly
if the crack continued to widen.

Anyone know of such a product? (I really don't expect a perfect answer
to my question, but I had to ask it anyway!) Maybe there's an ingenius
inventor out there somewhere that could concoct such a product,
assuming one doesn't exist already.

Anybody tried watering down fingernail polish with acetone?