volts500

Default Wiring a 480V Single Phase Circuit

"Joshua" wrote in message
om...
How do I wire up a 480v Single Phase circuit? I'm familiar with 480V
3P but not single. The machine has a preinstalled 3-wire cord, one of
which is a ground so I'd only be using twom wires.

Also what exactly does poles mean? Like a circuit breaker is either
1-2-3 poles, is that the same as phase? Thanks.

480 volt single phase is any two phases line-to-line of a 3 phase 480 volt
system. If you had to ask a simple question like that, it would be in your
best interests (and possibly others) NOT to be messing with it. Call a
qualified Commercial/Industrial electrician.