Edwin Pawlowski

Default Grundfos vs. Taco pumps for boiler

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
The
system works fine, but the main circulator pump makes an awful hum.
The heating contractor says I have to live with it, but I don't want
to. Several folks here said that Grundfos makes a quieter pump, but
the contractor says they are not as reliable as Taco.

Are there any experts here who can help? Thank you.
--

I'm not an expert, but I do have a little experiences. My house had two
grundfos pumps. One died after 23 years. Replaced it with a Taco because

One lasted 23 years, the other is still going after 26 years. Sounds
reliable to me.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome