Ed Sirett

Default Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:20:57 +0000, Lawrence Raybould wrote:

Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

My boiler recently developed a fault where I had central heating but
no domestic hot water (stone cold). I was advised to fit a new
diverter valve which I did.

The problem I have now is that I still have central heating but the
domestic hot water only runs hot for 2 to 3 minutes then runs luke
warm although the boiler is still fired up.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is causing this to happen?

1) Temperature sensor(s) out of spec?
2) Diverter valve letting primary water to CH during DHW mode.

I'm fairly sure this boiler does not have any sort of thermal store but
otherwise the behaviour is exactly as it would be if it had.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk