PrecisionMachinisT

Default water over septic tank

"weeG" wrote in message
. rogers.com...

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"weeG" wrote in message
ogers.com...
During the winter my septic system backed up into my basement laundry

tubs
so I had the tank pumped, (it had not been done in quite a few years).

Now
that the snow has melted I notice that whenever I do a load of

laundry,
water puddles over top of the septic tank. After a while it drains

away.
What would be causing this to happen?

Sounds like your drainfield has failed......

What is involved in repairing it? Is it something I can do myself?

Its a lot of digging--and maybe its just the outlet pipe or a distribution
box has shifted.

If you are in the sticks at all, I would look around and find if a neighbor
has a backhoe, often someone local can come out and inspect /advise and may
well be your most economical contractor for such work, as he wont have to
drive his backhoe too far to your place.

I have replaced a drainfield myself in the past renting a small excavator,
but beware there are most likely permitting issues, depending on where you
are located.

Good luck........

--

SVL