Chris

Default Refrigerator Tripping Breaker

I did the following:

With the temperature control inside the refrig set to off:

1) Plugged the unit into a normal circuit. The light inside the refrig
comes on.

2) ) Plugged the unit into a GFI circuit. The breaker trips.

3) Disconnected the relay on the compressor and again plugged the unit into
a GFI circuit. The breaker did not trip and the light went on inside the
refrig. When I turned the unit on using the temperature control, the fan
went on and the breaker did not trip.

If the unit is plugged into a normal circuit with the relay connected, and
the control unit inside the refrig is turned on, the breaker trips.

Based on the behavior using the GFI circuit, I don't think the problem is
with the compressor. I suspect the relay, but it is a bit difficult to
access. Getting to it and examining the contacts is the next step.

Chris

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Try plugging it into a different circuit, could be a bad breaker or
wiring problem. Use a clamp on amp meter to ck amp draw