dadiOH

Default Repairing hardwood floor with bowed boards?

Andy Hill wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Splines? Use a cutoff saw to rip along the joints so that you
wind up with gaps of uniform width (use a straight edge as guide).
If the gaps are less than the width of the saw blade, one pass is
all you need. Only cut about 1/8" deep...you want to leave the
existing tongue and groove.

Make or have made some oak strips the same thickness as your
grooves and about 1/16 wider than the groove is deep. Glue them
in, shave off excess with a plane and finish.

Even better is to have the splines slightly thicker than the
groove and taper them very slightly. That way they will self
adjust for variations in groove width when you glue and hammer
them in.

Hmmmm. Interesting idea. Ever actually tried this with dry oak?

Oak, no. Teak, yes. Did it to the transom of my sailboat once years ago.
Lasted as long as I had it which was 20 years.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...