Jim Elbrecht

Default Sickening sweet smell in basement. Dead mouse????

" wrote:

-snip-
Looks like it's time for someone to invent an electronic stench identifier..

Voila! http://www.iit.edu/~jrsteach/enose.html and
http://www.nose-network.org/

Either that, or a scratch&sniff sampler of common offenders....

My LP gas company set me a sample of the additive they were using in
my gas. That was fun. . . 'Honey-- what do you think of this
perfume?' g

If this new homeowner has any gas coming into his house-- either LP or
natural- and is not familiar with the smell, he should ask his utility
for a sample. Gas is not to be trifled with. i wouldn't call it a
sweet smell, but there have been several other odors mentioned in this
thread that were described as sweet that I wouldn't call sweet
either.]

Jim