N. Thornton

Default interior Painting newly built house ?

(Lobster) wrote in message . com...

I've just been investigating my newly emulsioned paintwork further;
there's little doubt that if you scratch at it, the paint readily
peels off the plaster. Omigod. I've already done several rooms
completely; looks fab, but clearly won't for long.

What are the panel's suggestions for the few remaining rooms, in which
the newly skimmed walls have already been treated with 4:1 PVA? Is
there a way I can undo its deleterious effect before painting?
Sanding off a few microns and then doing it again with dilute
emulsion? Yeeuch.

I'm well hacked off about this; previously I've always primed new
plaster using cheap, dilute emulsion as suggested above, but it was
actually my plasterer who suggested PVA was the method of choice (and
I've seen it advocated on uk.diy too). Obviously he's always long gone
by the time the decorators arrive.

David

oh dear Fraid I got no clue what the solution is. I hope your
plaster doesnt have problems too, what with being sealed up after
doing.

Regards, NT