Al D

Default Humidifier attached to furnace

Does anyone know about adding a humidifier to an existing forced hot air
furnace? I hear from a few people that it isn't a good idea because it will
ruin the furnace components. My house air is very dry and needs to be
helped. The heating contractor that I have said that they now make
humidifiers that don't ruin the furnace itself. He also said that a UV
light along with the humidifier helps with killing off mold. Question is:
should I believe him? I'm not sure. Does anyone know about this subject.
( It is a forced hot air furnace with a Beckett burner ).