Lar

Default termite question

In article ,
says...
and if the original problem was caused by the termites crawling up through the
crack between my porch concrete and the foundation, will it help to seal the
crack with silicone sealant? Should I seal all the cracks around the house
between the sidewalk and foundation?

They can gain access on any crevice the size of a pencil mark, depending on
how practical it is to seal all cracks and then to keep the sealant over the
years from separation/drying out. Other places of concern will be interior
side of the foundation wall for some types of slabs and homes with crawl
spaces, plumbing and bath trap penetrations in slabs....on your earlier
question on treating the fence, my personal preference would say no. Though
you could protect the fence from termites you would still have deterioration
from the weather and would need to replace the slats in about the same number
of years. You might as well save the money for that.
but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!