jmagerl

Default Scratches on sliding glass door

A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://users.rcn.com/jmagerl
THis is the door that led out to the dog run. It is scratched on both sides
from them wanting to go out and in. A close up is included. The previous
home owner kept 2 rottweillers out there (I think they were rottweillers-big
brown dogs with stubby tails)

I wouldn't have believed a dogs claw could do this either. (I'm thinking
sand embedded in their claws?)

"jmagerl" wrote in message
I too have a sliding glass door that is totally fogged over from the
scratches of two big rotweillers the previous owner had. I would have said
the same thing until I saw this door. I was going to replace the door

since
the scratches go from floor to ceiling.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:09:05 GMT, "Dinah"
wrote:

Is there anything on the market that would minimize the scratches. My

dog
has scratched it badly trying to get out to get to a squirrel that

teases
her daily. TIA

This does not make sense. Glass is harder than a dog's nails, so the
dog nails cannot scratch glass. Are you sure your door is not
Plexiglas? You could train the dog to stay away from the "glass"
door.