Stormin Mormon

Default glue for hard plastic parts

However, 126,483,296 of those plastics only are found in laboratories.

It is an excellent point, though......

My default adhesive has been two part epoxy, which is sold under the brand
name J.B. Weld.

Not to be confused with J.B. Books which sticks, but is generally useless.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
tenplay wrote:
A piece came off of the hard plastic carpet attachment for our vacuum
cleaner. Since I cannot find the replacement part near where I live,
I want to try gluing the piece back on. Which glue do you recommend
for the job? Thanks.

There are exactly 451,547,627 kinds of plastics. Each requires a
special glue and 37.85% of them can't be glued at all.

That said, I suggest trying the Super Glue type stuff. It seems to work
well with many plastics. Make sure you get the high strength stuff, not the
stuff now sold in the drug store as it has been intentionally weakened.
Some hobby shops should have the real stuff.

BTW someone may come along with another suggestion based on experience
with that type of part/plastic. If they do, you may want to consider their
suggestion first.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math