Tony Kimmell

Default Tree stump removal with rock salt?

"Arthur Davis" wrote in message ...
I was told by a friend that I could put rock salt on a tree stump after
scoring the top and the salt wouldhelp get rid of the stump. Does this work
and how much salt would you use for a 8' diameter stump?
TIA, Art.

It would take a LONG time for salt to make a stump that big rot away.

Drill several 1" holes in the top of the stump. drill them down as
deep as your drill bit allows. Then fill all the holes with kerosene
or diesel fuel and let it soak in. Every day keep adding more as it
soaks in. After a week or two, light it up. The stump will smolder
for a day or two, and eventually it will burn all away.

Tony