Joseph Meehan

Default Tree stump removal with rock salt?

Arthur Davis wrote:
I was told by a friend that I could put rock salt on a tree stump
after scoring the top and the salt wouldhelp get rid of the stump.
Does this work and how much salt would you use for a 8' diameter
stump?
TIA, Art.

I don't think the salt will help any. It might help kill the tree if it
is not already dead.

I would suggest two options. First get someone with a grinder out there
and do the job in minutes (or rent one and do the job in a few more
minutes). Second let it rot in place. Drilling a few holes in it helps as
will covering it with general yard compost (leaves, grass clippings ect.)

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math