PoP

Default Help - washing machine won't drain!

On 29 Dec 2003 00:12:44 GMT, ohawker (Andy
Evans) wrote:

This is all very helpful. Now, the machine is currently empty - I've done the
'draining through the front' theatre. Conveniently I live on the 2nd floor. So
given that the machine's empty, can I try some other method?

I have visions of the two flats immediately below you having put up
umbrellas.....

It's looking like the machine needs to come out. I'm fine with electrics, so
after I check that the pipe's not blocked, I'll look at the pump. No cute
diagnostic tricks I can use before I pull the bloody thing out?

Not that I'm aware of.

Make sure you disconnect from the electrical supply before you start
diving in (pun not intended).

The pump is a fairly common thing to go wrong. Your mission in
removing the back cover will be to locate the pump (shouldn't be hard,
it'll be at the bottom), then try spinning the rotor by hand if
possible.

PoP

Replying to the email address given by my news reader
will result in your own email address being instantly
added to my anti-spam database! If you really want to
contact me try changing the prefix in the given email
address to my newsgroup posting name.....