jeff

Default Kenmore dryer stops too soon early

Daniel Schudel wrote in message ...

Hi,

Would you agree that if any of those were the problem, then it should show
the problem on just about any cycle?

Normally yes.

Opps, thanks for the correction. Is this thermostat located near the
exhaust?

Usually on the fan blower housing itself yes.

The thermal fuse (in yellow) is described as being "not resettable",
which I think would describe a fuse similar to car fuses or old house
fuses. So if something were wrong with it, then the motor should not
spin at all.

If the thermal fuse opens it should stay open, unless someone has
changed it at one time?!!?

Good, so my problem can't be that.

I've seen other posts recommend the timer itself as being the problem.
I don't really believe that can be my problem. The dryer fails on both the
"Perm. Press" and "Knit Delicate" phases of the "Auto Dry I" setting.
It never stops on the "Timed Dry" or "Air Dry". If it was the timer, I
don't think pushing the "Start switch" would start it up again. However,
I can't eliminate it as the problem due it controlling so much in the dryer.
And I would rather only replace it if I knew it *is* the problem as Kenmore's
replacement part is $75.

*Might* be able to carefully remove the timers cover to inspect the
contacts and lifter cams inside.

Please let us know what you find/see

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid