trader-of-some-jacks

Default How do I stop door from swinging open (or closed)?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:34:46 GMT, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:

Several of my interior doors, instead of staying in whatever position
I want them in, will swing further open or closed (unless of course
they're closed all the way).

Are there any simple remedies for this? By simple I mean, short of
reframing or rehanging the door.

I don't want to use door stops. I'd just like to figure out how I can
make the doors balanced enough to remain open at 5 or 20 or 40 or
whatever number of degrees I've opened them.

Thanks to all who replied. I bent the hinge pins on the affected
doors, and for now anyway - PROBLEM SOLVED!

I pity those who are around when I try removing the pins... but that's
another problem for another day.