alt-hvac Moderated

Default How do you sharpen masonary drill bits?

I've sharpened masonary bits with a regular grinding wheel.....

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
I sharpen carbide bits now and again with a bench grinder. Light pressure
into the wheel, and try to duplicate the factory slopes and angles.

Carbide bits don't have a curved trailing edge, so you don't use the same
wrist twist when making the cutting edge.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

This is Turtle.

Stormy the fellow is sharpening a Masonry drill bit and not just a carbit
bit. Regular Grinder wheel don't cut it. You have to have a special type
wheel to cut the mansonry bit edges. The grinding wheel material has to be
harder than the bit your sharpening.

TURTLE