Stormin Mormonn

Default How do you sharpen masonary drill bits?

I sharpen carbide bits now and again with a bench grinder. Light pressure
into the wheel, and try to duplicate the factory slopes and angles.

Carbide bits don't have a curved trailing edge, so you don't use the same
wrist twist when making the cutting edge.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"Michael" wrote in message
The bit I am trying to sharpen is 1 inch. Not a throw away bit. Any
suggestions?

"F.H." wrote in message
Michael wrote:

Hello,

How do you sharpen carbide masonry drill bits? I have a bench grinder.

Thanks,
Mike

If you know how to hand sharpen a drill you can do it if you buy the
right wheel. Carborundum (fine grit green in color). Any local tool
supply company would have them. The tips are low grade carbide. I am
retired machine shop owner. Used to grind them by the dozens for my
electrician friends. As Roger suggested it may be less trouble and
cheaper to just buy a new one.

http://www.production-tool.com/html/...s/carborundum/