Dare

Default Need Large Lighted Thermostat Dial

"CBHvac" wrote:

Keep in mind that the one that HD sells, is what we in the trade call a sure
fire money maker.
If you want a lighted digital display, Robershaw makes several, that are not
sold in retail stores, that have a backlight and digital display.
So does Totalline.
So does Honeywell.
That large display stat that HD has is like a hunter or Lux..made in China
and a sure fire way to wonder why after a couple of months things are acting
screwy.

The main thing is, you have to have the right sub-base, or stat for the
application, and, the large display stat that is being talked about, is not
available for a heat pump, so if thats what she has, HD isnt the place to
look.

Thanks...reliability is also a very important to us.
She has a gas furnace, no A/C.
After looking at some of the digital thermostats, I'm
not sure if she could see the display well enough.
I've looked around on the web to get some comparisons
on features and applications to help her decide which
might work best for her...It's become clear that this
is not going to be a "do-it-yourself" job for me.
I certainly don't want to ruin the heating system
in the middle of a cold snap! :-)

Thanks for your advice and suggestions,
Dare