volts500

Default Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

wrote in message
So, teach it to sing.

On 23 Nov 2003 09:33:42 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

I am having problems with one of my two furnaces. When the thermostat
kicks in, the furnace will light, but the fan won't kick in. Then the
furnace shuts down. If I turn off the heat (i.e. not on heat or
cool), and turn the fan to "on", it just hums (the other furnace works
fine and the fan will run). There is a solenoid that clicks, then the
humming. The fan itself turns effortlessly.

Do you think this could be a problem with the capacitor, solenoid or
transformer?

Yep - or about 100 other things.

Bad cap, bad start winding, bad centrifugal switch, whats the other 97?