John Galbreath

Default Gas logs pilot light problem.

The pilot on a vent free is part of the ODS assembly. Your is just dirty.
Take a can of compressed air and blow the dust out. The pilot must be OFF.
The ODS is where the pilot flame comes out. Go to the back of the ODS, you
will see one or two holes, blow the compressed air in there. Then blow down
the barrel of the ODS. If this does not fix it, email me as I am so busy
this time of year, I do not read this board much anymore. I can also fax
you the instructions form on of Peterson's Vent Free gas log owners manuals.
--
John Galbreath Jr.
http://www.firelogs.com/

Irondale, Alabama
888.321.Logs

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
I've had these unvented gas logs for about five years. Same room, same
fireplace.
I re-lit the pilot light this fall. It burned fine. One night my wife lit

the
logs. The next day we noticed the pilot light was off. I accused her of

turning
the shut off too far and turning off the pilot light.
One evening I told her I will turn the logs off. I shut them off, the

pilot
light stayed on. For a few minutes.
So I re-lit it and it stayed on, no problem. Until the next time the logs

were
used. After they were turned off, the pilot light burned for a few

minutes, and
went off. I re-lit it, it's still burning, but I know that the next time

when
the logs are used, the pilot light will go off again.
What can be causing this? About the only thing that can be replaced is the
thermo couple. And if this is defective, the pilot light should never stay

on.