Phisherman

Default Any risk in buying a house with finished basement without permit -Please advise

Have the house inspected for local and state codes. I'm sure there
are many homes that finish the basement without permits. You want to
be sure the house is safe to live in.

On 12 Nov 2003 11:14:15 -0800, (Basha) wrote:

Hi,

I am in house hunting for the last one month and found a suitable
house recently. I am thinking of buying it. When I went to to get the
survey map from the city governmemnt, I learned that they don't have a
record of basement finished. The previous owner who actually completed
the basement didn't get the permit for it. The basement has 2
bedrooms, one bathroom and a large family room with fire place. Is
there any risk involved in buying this house?

You comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Basha