Dan O.

Default GE Oven won't light

Matt Mason wrote in message ...

I have a GE non-self cleaning gas range,
Series XL44, about 5 years old. The oven
will not light. The ignitor would get red hot,
then go out, and then stay on long enough
to only get luke warm. I replaced the ignitor.
The ignitor got red hot, but the gas did not flow.
Leaving the range on, the ignitor did not get
red hot again.

So could the problem be with the gas valve?
or something else.

There isn't usually too much in the circuit with an oven ignitor
system, the ignitor, the gas valve and the oven thermostat or
electronic control. A 'weak' ignitor is the most common cause of both
the oven burner not lighting and for no gas flow to the burner.

If the thermosat/control is the cause of the power to the ignitor
going off, it would likely have to be replaced. If it isn't what's
responsible, the gas valve itself may be suspect.

JMO

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com