Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default cactus juice

On 2017-04-23 5:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 14:11:03 -0600
graham wrote:

One of the presenters made knife handles and in the examples I saw,
penetration was at or close to 100% of the porous parts.

curious how they determined 100 percent

Incidentally, they also spoke of a much more environmentally and
healthy type of epoxy that is much less prone to give allergic
reactions. I'll give the name when I get the newsletter.

the cactus juice was advertised similarly iirc

If you are a member of the AAW, there is an article in the January 2014
(29:1)journal on stabilizing wood with methyl methacrylate, a 2-part
resin that is cured by heat.
It seems that Cactus Juice might be that as it comes mixed or in 2
parts. Once mixed, it will keep for some months as it needs 200F to cure.
Graham